Place Category: Public Services & Gov
St George Area Economic Development is a collaborative organization led by business and community leaders to strengthen and develop Southern Utah’s economy. Their objective is to be a catalyst for prosperity that is robust, sustainable, and in tune with the spirited cultural environment of Southern Utah.
The organization focuses on pursuing the future while honoring their roots. They reach out to companies and industries that can help diversify the economy while preserving the warmth of the area culture. Lasting success is their goal. Doing it right is their promise.
WHAT THEY DO:
- When corporations inquire about the possibility of relocating to the St George Area, they provide them with key information on which to base their decision. This may include demographic, tax, transportation information, utility information, and more.
- They support and create initiatives that cultivate a pipeline of local residents both educated and interested in technology and entrepreneurship.
- They actively recruit stable and growing technology companies. As part of their efforts, they will continue to support city development projects that make the St George Area an attractive business destination.
- They show outside businesses the benefits of living and working in the St George Area.
- The St George Area Economic Development office has put on the economic summit for 20 years. It helps promote the community to businesses and creates new advocates for economic growth.
- They focus on retaining corporations that are already here. They help ensure a favorable environment for businesses to grown so they can continue to call the St George area home.