Neighborhood Connection helps children who receive free or reduced-cost meals at school by providing them with food to take home over the weekends. The children receive two breakfasts, two snacks, and two lunches to help ensure they have adequate nutrition – because Neighborhood Connection believes that no child should go hungry.
Neighborhood Connection is a small group of volunteers with big goals! They want to provide meals for children in need. Children are given a hot meal during the school week, however on the weekends many children go hungry.
A local elementary school reported 72% of the their students qualified for free or reduced rate lunch, with approximately fifty students listed as homeless.
• 100% of all donations stay in Washington County to cover the cost of providing children in need with food on the weekends.
• Sponsor a child for a school year: $200
• Sponsor a child for a month: $20
• Sliding zip lock gallon size bags
• Individual service microwaveable meals, 7-8 oz. example: Mac’ n Cheese, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Chicken and Rice, etc.
• Applesauce, fruit cup or squeeze fruit pouch
• Pudding cup (shelf staple)
• Juice box or pouch
• Instant oatmeal packet
• Individual size peanut butter crackers or cheese and crackers
• Granola bar
• Fruit snacks (individual size)
• Cash donations are always appreciated
JOIN THE CHAMBER TODAY!
Membership in the local chamber offers numerous benefits & keeps business owners on top of important, ever-changing issues & trends within their community & local marketplace.
Not only that, but research points out that consumers are more likely to do business with a company if it’s a member of their local chamber of commerce.
When consumers know that a small business is a member of their local chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it & 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
63 SOUTH 100 WEST
HURRICANE, UT 84737
Monday - Thursday
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Closed on Fridays, Wkds & Holidays.